School, Community, and Youth Programs Playground Inspector Recertification Course
Through successful completion of this course, you’ll maintain your Certified Playground Inspector designation, which will enable you to continue to inspect outdoor play areas in in school, community, and youth program settings for children ages 5-12 years as a certified inspector.
Inspectors looking to recertify will coordinate with one of our staff members to demonstrate current inspector activity. You’ll also be provided resources on updated safety practices from leading researchers in the field on:
Health and safety components in the outdoor space
- Appropriate developmental design
- ADA compliance
- Layout for supervision
- Appropriate learning environments
- Safe environmental design
- Suitable surfacing materials
- Athletic fields, fitness equipment, and asphalt areas
This course is designed to support those that have already become a certified inspector through the National Program on Playground Safety and must be completed no later than four months past the certification expiration date.
- Submission of a current inspection report, dated within six months of renewal application
- Documentation of activities performed as an inspector
- Review of current inspection processes and safety guidelines
Successful completion of this course results in an School, Community and Youth Outdoor Play Inspector Certification and identification on our National Registry.
Additional class sessions may be added for groups of 10 or more. Please contact NPPS for more information via email at email@example.com
If participants would like print materials there is an additional $250 charge.
Questions about this course? Read our Online Recertification Courses FAQ.