To achieve our mission, NPPS leads projects that increase quality and safety of play environments for the health and well-being of children. We offer comprehensive training to educators and advocates, undertake collaborative projects that improve research and support the development of best practices regarding safe and inclusive play environments, and advocate for policies that improve the quality of programs and the lives of children.
- NPPS provides knowledge and awareness through educational materials.
- NPPS provides professional development opportunities and training to community agencies, Departments of Education, Departments of Public Health, Departments of Human Services, professionals from child care resource and referral agencies, military personnel responsible for child safety, and other professional agencies and groups who want to learn more about children’s play areas.
- NPPS provides best practice frameworks and supports and conducts research to create safe and quality play environments for children.
- NPPS serves as child-advocates on issues pertaining to children’s play, playground safety, and quality play environments before government and regulatory agencies.
- NPPS helps the public create, renovate, and maintain safe and developmentally appropriate play environments for children by providing professional, well-researched, highly informative, practical and user-friendly services, programs, and materials.
- NPPS has developed the largest and most comprehensive resource of outdoor play area safety information in the United States.