The National Program for Playground Safety has several interactive online courses covering a variety of topics on developing and maintaining safe and appropriate outdoor play environments for children. Courses are run through the University of Northern Iowa’s online learning system and can be taken on your own time at your own pace. CEUs are available for some of the courses.
Upon completion of all course requirements participants will receive a certificate from our national organization. Our courses have been approved for training credit by multiple state licensing agencies. Please contact your licensing agency with any questions on training credit approval specific to your state.
Visit our Online Course Help page for more information on the online learning environment.
Courses currently taking registrations:
- Certified Supervisor for Outdoor Environment
- Playground Supervision for Child Care Providers
- Early Childhood Outdoor Play Inspectors Program Certification Course
- Re-Certification for Early Childhood Outdoor Play Inspectors
- Elementary Schools and Youth/Community Programs Certification Course
- Re-Certification for School & Youth/Community Programs Playground Inspectors