Since 1995, the National Program for Playground Safety (NPPS) has been the leader in research, training, and development of S.A.F.E. play areas in the nation! NPPS' mission is to help the public create safe and developmentally appropriate play environments for children.
As the premier non-profit organization in the United States delivering training and services about outdoor play and safety, NPPS believes
- Every child has the right to play
- All children need to learn to play and play to learn
- Every child is entitled to a safe, positive, nurturing, and fun play experience in the play environment
Putting these beliefs into practice
- NPPS serves as child-advocates on issues pertaining to playground safety before government and regulatory agencies.
- NPPS helps the public create, renovate, and maintain safe and developmentally appropriate play environments for children by providing professional, well-researched, highly informative, practical and user-friendly services, and programs to fulfill this mission.
- NPPS has developed the largest and most comprehensive clearinghouse of outdoor play areas safety information and resources in the United States.